Presbyterian Women are women of all ages, interests, backgrounds and talents who have one thing in common: the desire to make a difference here at Arlington Presbyterian Church, in our community, and the world.
Forgiven and freed by God in Jesus Christ and empowered by the Holy Spirit, we commit ourselves to:
- Nurture our faith through prayer and Bible study,
- Support the mission of the church worldwide,
- Work for justice and peace, and Build an inclusive, caring community of women that strengthens the Presbyterian Church (USA) and witnesses to the promise of God’s kingdom.
The sharing we do helps us care about and support each other in special ways. We have three areas of emphasis: Faith, Mission, and Fellowship.
- Faith – Our faith is the backbone of our organization and we actively seek to develop it through discussion and Bible study.
- Mission – Our commitment to mission is shown by our participation in projects to help our own church, the community, and the church worldwide.
- Fellowship – The monthly Circle meetings and our other gatherings provide ideal settings for Christian Fellowship.
Presbyterian Women demonstrate their commitment to be an inclusive caring community of women ministering to others by:
- Meeting monthly for Bible study and fellowship.
- Serving as a communication network to notify Circle and other APC members and friends about congregational emergencies
- Providing assistance, such as food and transportation, to APC families during illness or in the event of death.
- Assisting the Pastoral Care Ministry Team in coordinating receptions after memorial services and other special events
- Coordinating the Blanket Sunday Offering to provide warm blankets to those who need them around the world and here in our area.
How To Join
Our PW circle meets the fourth Sunday of every month at 11:00 a.m.; this is the same Sunday where we worship in the late afternoon--faith@five. If you are interested in more information about PW or their meeting time, please be in touch with the church office.